Heading to a party? Hosting guests? Perhaps you just want a refreshing and balanced appetizer for a hot Summer day. This recipe fits the bill. Featuring fresh vegetables and herbs, a drizzle of tangy balsamic and the All-star? A fresh round of Burrata cheese.
What is Burrata cheese you might ask? Burrata is a soft Italian cheese formed into a ball. The outside shell is mozzarella, while the inside is a rich cream.
You only need a handful of other ingredients to pull this recipe off, a few you may have in your own garden. Here's the full list:
Balsamic Vinegar (Like Brightland's Rapture)
Olive Oil (Like Brightland's Alive)
Salt & Pepper
Red Onion (quick pickled, optional)
1) Thinly slice the cucumber and arrange on a plate.
2) Cut the tomatoes in half and add to the plate.
3) Place a ball of burrata cheese in the middle of the plate.
4) Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
5) Lightly season with salt and pepper.
6) Garnish with onion, chopped pistachios and basil leaves. If using small leaves they can be left whole.
See this other post for our Quick Pickled Red Onion Recipe.
We love the line from Brightland.
We also carry several other Olive Oil & Balsamic Vinegar products in store.